20100510

Mother's Day

bY Rashmi Singh, 11-year-old, South Dartmouth.

Mother's Day to me is a day that I like to think purely about my mother. Whenever I think I get so "flooded" with what my mother has done for us . . .

Teaching my sister and me to read (my brother is just beginning). Washing the dishes. Doing the laundry. Dropping us to school. Taking me to my piano lessons. Taking my sister to ballet lessons. Dropping me to the Southworth Library most any time that is reasonable, and when I want to go. Attending concerts. I've listed only a few, but these tasks seem overwhelming to me! I'm just left in a daze.

My mother and I enjoy talking about so many issues . . . from "How was school?" to downright politics.

I wonder if God gave my mom two brains instead of one! I mean, my mom can dry the dishes while still paying attention to the news!

My mother is very special to me because she taught me all the virtues of being a good person. Sincerity, honesty, forgiveness, persistence, tolerance, and fairness. She taught me to be kind and caring. To work hard and do your duties, don't worry about the results. To be generous and giving. To be patient.

So whenever I see these things being done, I always remember my mother. She is my friend, my teacher, she is my Earth. She has resources . . . like this planet -- Earth.

But how to pay her back for all the things she has done for us? I don't know. She has done so much for us! But I will try to make all 365 days Mother's Day by helping her. What I really want to say to her is: "THANK YOU, MOM!"
-- RASHMI SINGH

No comments:

Post a Comment