20100409

My Dog Henry

By Isabelle Russell, Grade 4

I own a dog named Henry. He is a purebred beagle. I rescued him from the shelter 2 years ago. I feel sort of bad for him because I don’t think he got what he needed as a puppy. My guess is that he is gun-shy (because he is scared of loud noises), so hunters didn’t want him. He had been returned to the shelter five times already!
I have been very happy with Henry lately. I have been teaching him how to jump over poles on command. He has been doing very well. The highest he ever jumped was three feet in the air!. My mom said that was high enough. We don’t want him jumping over a fence.

Henry’s favorite thing to do is sleep in places he’s not suppose to, like the couch, my bed, Mom’s bed, and other comfortable surfaces. Henry’s pet peeve is closed bedroom doors.

I have always wanted to show dogs, and I hope I will be able to show Henry some day. I also love horses and have always wanted one. But if I had to give away Henry to get one, I wouldn’t want one. But if I could have Henry and a horse, I’d be the happiest girl on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment