20100326

A Song for Nature

Tori Mills
State: Kentucky

What could I do to help preserve national parks and wildlife? Many things. But the one thing I could do that would have the greatest effect would be (get ready for this) to write a song. You know how, when you hear a catchy song on the radio, it gets caught in your head? How it keeps going on over and over and over, making you think about it over and over and over? Well, I had the song “Unwritten” caught in my head the other day, and I did just that. I thought about it and thought about it until I thought, “Hey, what if someone wrote and composed a song about preserving wildlife and national parks and actually played it to the public! That way, it could get caught in many other different people’s heads, and maybe they’d end up doing something to help!” Then I thought, “What if I was that someone!” I don’t want to boast, but I am an exceptionally grand writer. I would call the song “Help Each Other”. Its chorus would go something like this:

Na-ture was put here to he-lp the peo-ple.
Peo-ple were put here to help na-ture too.
It’s already been said and done.
The work we’ve got has already begun.
If people will do, then nature should too.
Help the other, help each other!

Not only that, but I play drums, my great aunt plays piano, and my cousin plays guitar. Also, singing runs in my family (even if it passed me by). So I probably could compose the song when it’s written. After I’m done composing the song, I could send the song to a radio station that I listen to. This idea might sound completely far- fetched, but the radio station I know played a song written and composed by a twelve year old girl for Christmas. If my song is good enough, and since they played her song, they would probably play my song too! Thank you for listening, and stay tuned in the future for my song!

No comments:

Post a Comment