20100328

National Parks

Liz Austin
San Diego, CA


National Parks, I think, are one of the greatest things the world could do. National Parks are so important because some of them are like a key to the past. These parks allow us to see how people before us lived, how and what they ate, and where they lived. Give Fort Raleigh for example, I got to learn all about the Civil War. I got to learn about the people who lived during it and how they suffered. The Civil War was caused because people made mistakes and wrong decisions. Because of that the Civil War was started and many people got shot and killed. I got to learn about not making the same mistakes and now I can make a difference.

Lots of National Parks are also preserved for their natural beauty. Take the Grand Canyon National Park. The Grand Canyon was nothing man could have ever made. It was preserved because of its beauty and fabulous views. Or Yellowstone National Park, same thing. All the parks preserved for their beauty may not be historic sites, but people visit them anyway. People a hundred years from now will want to visit all these national parks too. That’s why it’s important to preserve them.

To keep national parks alive and running, many people have to pitch in and help. It takes a lot of money to keep national parks nice enough for people to visit. I, or all of my friends and I could ho some sort of fundraiser to raise money. What if my class was split into groups and each group was given a national park to raise money for. If a goal was set for each group to raise $200 my class could raise a lot of money for the National Park Service. I think everyone would learn something from working together as a team to raise money. I’m sure we would learn about teamwork, and helping out something that could last for hundreds of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment