20091005

I WANT TO BE SMART IN THIS WORLD


http://www.raisesmartkid.com/images/stories/smart-girl-writing.jpg
If I were to be granted one wish, I would wish to know everything in the world. If I am smart and knows everything in the world, I would not stress and worry about my future. I can go to college without worrying tuition and be able to become anything I wanted in life. I can create cure for any diseases and create a new machine to save the world from a big natural disaster. In addition, I would be able to understand the hardest problem that no one can solve. Also, in the near future, I would be able to help my child with any homework they have and teach them. You can be anything and sky is the limit.

--- Angelika Ebert-Stallworth, Grade 10, CA USA

1 comment:

  1. I too want to be smart in this world, but the truth of the matter is, we can't all be. What really matters is to work hard to achieve your desired "smartness." One thing I liked about this piece is when she says what being smart can do, not only does she thinks of the cliched big picture (i.e. college, curing diseases, and saving the world) but also the little things that are special to her (i.e. being able to help her children with their homework). But, the main thing that I liked about this is the ending. In the very last sentence, she stops talking about herself and starts talking to the reader; almost as if saying "I want to do this, you can do it too."

    -Ren Bautista

    ReplyDelete