20091003

FLOOD IN THE PHILIPPINES


In the Philippines, a flood has occured and caused severe
damage. Hundreds of thousands of people were affected. Somewhere
around 300 people have died and the number is still rising. The flood was caused by a typhoon that hit the Philippines and its neighbors. Because of this flood, many homes were damaged. Also, belongings such as clothes have been destroyed. The flood left devastating results as many people lost friends and families. For some people who are more wealthy, they can recover quickly, but for other who live in poverty, the flood has drastically impacted their lives. They will not be able to recover as quickly because of the lack of money. I can help by donating clothes and money to these people. I am fortunate that something like this has never in my life, but others are not as fortunate. By giving some of my belongings, I can help in a big way to those people who have been affected by this flood. Most importantly, the biggest way I can help is by praying for them. Nothing is too hard for God, and He will provide for these peolple in need. By doing these things, I can help those victims of the flood.

Kevin Michael Labra, 9th Grader, CA USA

1 comment:

  1. Im happy that alot of people are getting involved in helping the Philippines. I've heard that many schools are contributing with canned food drives.

    ReplyDelete